Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recover deleted text messages

I accidentally deleted messages between my boyfriend and I instead of an ad service. Is there any way I can get those back ? I haven’t backed my phone up to a computer at all.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 26, 2018 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2018 11:21 AM

If you haven't backed up to a computer the only other method would be to restore an iCloud backup if you have one from a time when the messages were on the phone. Note that the restore will replace all data, not just messages, currently on the phone with the data from the time of the backup. iCloud: Restore or set up your iOS device from iCloud

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2018 11:21 AM in response to jxlie

If you haven't backed up to a computer the only other method would be to restore an iCloud backup if you have one from a time when the messages were on the phone. Note that the restore will replace all data, not just messages, currently on the phone with the data from the time of the backup. iCloud: Restore or set up your iOS device from iCloud

May 26, 2018 11:20 AM in response to jxlie

The only way to recover a deleted text message is to recover the phone to a backup that was made when the message was on the device. Are you saying that you have no backup at all? I see no iTunes backup, but how about an iCloud backup? If you have no backup then you cannot recover the message(s). If you don't have anything backed up, you risk losing everything on your phone at any point. No backup is a terrible idea. iCloud allows you to configure it once, then it will automatically backup daily when you connect the device to wi-fi and power and lock the screen, such as when you go to bed at night and charge the phone overnight.

recover deleted text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.