Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally turned "live" on (iPhone camera)

Briefly, I had the iphone in my back pocket while the camera was on (needed to use both hands for a moment). Then, I pulled the phone out and began snapping pictures. With each capture of a photo I saw the word "live" showed up on the screen. Not initially knowing what that was I snapped a few more photos - each time I'd see "live" show itself. Then I realized the "live" button had been depressed while the phone was in my pocket.

Good Gosh - so does that mean my photos have gone public without my knowledge? If so, then where!??!?

Talk about a privacy violation. Geez.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on May 26, 2018 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2018 11:31 AM

No, that does not mean your photos have gone public. Live Photo is a photo enhancement, not the ability to make your photos public. There is no privacy violation.

This should explain live photos for you, Take and edit Live Photos - Apple Support let us know if you need more information.

3 replies

Accidentally turned "live" on (iPhone camera)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.