Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reformat

I am very new to Mac. I recently purchased a MacBook Air and I installed programs that I do not want and aren't working as expected. There are files that have replicated themselves to iTunes instead of just using the directories that they were in like my PC. I would like to reset it to the way it was right out of the box. I tried to the command +F at start up but I am unsure which option to use. There is an option to use Time Machine but I didn't make a backup there but there is an option to install a new operating system. There was always a restore partition on all of my PC's to wipe it out and start from scratch again. Does anyone know how a I can do this?

MacBook Air-OTHER, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on May 26, 2018 10:46 AM

2 replies

May 26, 2018 1:12 PM in response to dmatlof

iTunes can be set up to have a referenced Library, and you could just delete the files from iTunes, change the preferences to not copy the items to the iTunes Library, and re-add them to iTunes.

Sure would be a lot simpler than reinstalling the OS, especially if you do not have a backup.

Command-F doesn't do anything on Startup: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201255

What options did you get?

You can reinstall the macOS over the top of an equal or older OS; however, that won't do anything to fix the iTunes Library.

If you really wish to start from scratch, follow the link Allen posted, earlier.

Reformat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.