Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Is ScanGuard a legitimate antivirus?

Has anyone heard of or used ScanGuard as an antivirus?

OBS,iMac (27-inch Late 2009), macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Depends on your definition of "legitimate."

My definition of "legitimate" doesn't include things that are completely useless on a Mac, and whose only functionality could make your Mac unstable. So, I would say, "no, it's not legitimate."

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

May 27, 2018 2:58 PM in response to Hammiegirl In response to Hammiegirl

Pass on what? The link is to an article written by one of our senior helpers here advising how to protect your computer. Why pass on good advice? The article directly answers the question you pose in your original post. Why ask the question if you are not wanting the answer?

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Solved

May 27, 2018 4:45 AM in response to Hammiegirl In response to Hammiegirl

Depends on your definition of "legitimate."

My definition of "legitimate" doesn't include things that are completely useless on a Mac, and whose only functionality could make your Mac unstable. So, I would say, "no, it's not legitimate."

May 27, 2018 4:45 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
Question marked as Helpful

May 27, 2018 2:58 PM in response to Hammiegirl In response to Hammiegirl

Pass on what? The link is to an article written by one of our senior helpers here advising how to protect your computer. Why pass on good advice? The article directly answers the question you pose in your original post. Why ask the question if you are not wanting the answer?

May 27, 2018 2:58 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: Hammiegirl

Question: Is ScanGuard a legitimate antivirus?