Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there an uptick in fake emails from Apple ? .

Just returned from Europe with hotels offering web access but not guaranteed secure. So far have received 2 “Apple” emails. One asking me to confirm my recent subscription to Apple Music or click on link to cancel within 48 hours. I don’t subscribe to Apple Music. The second was simply a “click on PDF for more info.

Any way to stop these from arriving. A quick click on the reply to sender box confirms they are bs but other members of my family may not be exercising due diligence. The fakes look amazingly like the monthly notices I get for my iCloud billing except they lack account info showing what credit card I use to pay.

Posted on May 26, 2018 1:18 PM

1 reply

May 26, 2018 1:21 PM in response to JedLeonard

Yes. I see discussions about that here everyday 😟

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you received or acted on a likely phishing message:

If you received a suspicious email, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you're on a Mac, select the email and choose Forward As Attachment from the Message menu.

If you think you might have entered personal information like a password or credit card info on a scam website, immediately change your Apple ID password.

Is there an uptick in fake emails from Apple ? .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.