Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not all of my iPhoto photos are available when I try to import them into my mac.

I took 132 photos at a 4 day event recently. When I attempted to import them into my mac only 16 of them showed up when I opened iPhoto. When I tried Image Capture the same thing happened. The 15 that showed up for import were spread over all 4 days. My phone is an iPhone 6 with 11.3.1, Photos is 2.0, Image Capture is 6.8.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on May 26, 2018 2:07 PM

5 replies

May 26, 2018 2:24 PM in response to Bob1177

Bob1177 wrote:

My phone is an iPhone 6 with 11.3.1, Photos is 2.0, Image Capture is 6.8.

My Photos is 3.0, Image Capture is 7.0. (I use MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and iTunes 12.7.4.)

All the above versions I use are the latest released versions. It sounds like you should update your Mac software to start. In addition, your post's title says "iPhoto", which has not been supported for years. So I assume this is an oversight and you actually do not use iPhoto at all, but do use Photos on your Mac.

May 26, 2018 3:09 PM in response to Bob1177

Do you have iCloud Photos on (Settings - your name - iCloud -Photos) If it is on then it takes precedence over importing. If you are importing with iCloud Photos off you must have iTunes 12.5 or later; however, you should really have 12.7.4. Note also that photos will only be imported once. After importing they are marked as imported, so they won't duplicate in the future.

Not all of my iPhoto photos are available when I try to import them into my mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.