Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer files to my Mac from my Samsung phone?

Trying to transfer files from my Samsung S8 to my Mac Pro running High Sierra 10.13.4. The Android transfer app will not connect to my phone and I've tried installing the Smartswitch app with no luck. I also updated my system on the phone, still no luck. I'm thinking about calling Verizon to exchange the phone for something that works.

VIN,Mac Pro (Mid 2010), macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on May 26, 2018 2:17 PM

1 reply

May 30, 2018 8:28 PM in response to Shredman

Yeah, that's a pain for sure. Apparently, use Android file transfer from here (www.android.com/filetransfer). then attach a usb cable to your phone, then a free usb port on your Mac. Tap on USB charging, then tap on Transfer Media Files, then, on your Mac, open Android File transfer. then open DCIM folder, then Camera folder, choose the photos you want to transfer, drag 'em to a folder on your mac and detach the usb cable from your mac. Don't use/install Samsung KIES and Android File transfer at the same time-apparently they mess with each other. Oh, and this might be helpful if you're using SideSync :

go into system preferences, then security and privacy then accessibility then unlock, then put a tick next to SideSync to allow it to do its thing, then click the lock again, and get the latest version. You can also transfer files over Wifi, maybe bluetooth-perhaps

maybe airdroid (www.airdroid.com) ??

sorry, that's all I have

John B

How do I transfer files to my Mac from my Samsung phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.