Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple really needs to let adult children within the family sharing plan pay for their own purchases!

Apple I hope your paying attention here. Im about to cancel my apple music plan because my adult children are not able to pay for their own purchases. For some odd reason you will not allow adults within the family sharing program to pay for their own purchases. This is crazy when all I have to do is switch over to Spotify and problem solved. Actually apple music isn't really that user friendly anyway.

Posted on May 26, 2018 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2018 11:30 AM

Apple is not paying attention here. This is a user to user forum.

Go here if you want Apple to know what you think. (don't expect a reply) Product Feedback - Apple

They could always purchase iTunes gift cards, with their own money, and redeem them to their own accounts. Then purchases will be charged against their balance rather than being billed to your credit card.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2018 11:30 AM in response to jeremiefromfalkville

Apple is not paying attention here. This is a user to user forum.

Go here if you want Apple to know what you think. (don't expect a reply) Product Feedback - Apple

They could always purchase iTunes gift cards, with their own money, and redeem them to their own accounts. Then purchases will be charged against their balance rather than being billed to your credit card.

May 27, 2018 2:31 PM in response to jeremiefromfalkville

No more getting billed for their purchased and we can still share music.

This is the entire design point of Family Sharing. A single payer, other than redeemed pre-paid iTunes gift cards.

These terms were fully disclosed before you started sharing.

User uploaded file

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Apple has fewer issues getting paid and rewards the user with discounted pricing. Seems a fair trade.

sometimes they are wayyy too strict for my liking.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://apple.com/feedback

May 26, 2018 3:57 PM in response to jeremiefromfalkville

wait...

Im about to cancel my apple music plan

If you're paying for the Apple Music plan, then why would there be purchases for Music? The whole idea of the Apple Music subscription is you don't have to pay for individual songs. They're able to listen to, and download without paying anything.

If they're buying through iTunes, then they're doing it wrong.

This is crazy when all I have to do is switch over to Spotify and problem solved

If the purchases that you're referring to aren't for music, then Spotify won't solve the problem.

If it is music, then they need to get the music from the Music app, in the Browse and/or 'For You' tabs, NOT the Store.

I hope this helps.

May 27, 2018 11:28 AM in response to briandallas

It was actually for their monthly cloud subscription. The only reason they are on my account if for the music. So if I take them off my family plan and switch to Spotify or google music and add them to my account there I’m good to go. No more getting billed for their purchased and we can still share music. I love Apple don’t get me wrong. But sometimes they are wayyy too strict for my liking.

Apple really needs to let adult children within the family sharing plan pay for their own purchases!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.