Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how i can find screen for 6s not lcd only the screen!

my phone is crack screen.. but it works perfectly but want to replce how help me.. thanks

Posted on May 26, 2018 6:38 PM

17 replies

May 26, 2018 7:15 PM in response to johnyulo

This really isn’t a forum for DIY fixes. The recommendation would be for you to make an appointment at an apple store or authorized service provider and deal with them.

Honestly, it’s not a simple screen that’s cracked, it’s a sophisticated touch interface and if it’s not fixed correctly you’ll have a broken device and be out the money for the screen

If you still want to try it yourself, google is your friend. Or look for a local place that says they can fix it. And then good luck.

May 27, 2018 3:07 PM in response to johnyulo

I've seen the results of this kind of repair, and it's difficult to perform it perfectly. The glass is attached to the LCD with an adhesive and Apple's suppliers do it in a clean environment. Separating it and reattaching typically leaves gunk. If you've ever seen a screen protector with dust inside it, that's kind of what you might find only it's impossible to remove it without redoing the entire job.

I wouldn't recommend it with an iPhone. For an iPhone, the authorized service isn't that expensive and would maintain access to Apple's service in the future.

[Edited by Host]

May 27, 2018 3:49 PM in response to deggie

deggie wrote:

Sorry, but I don't think you have seen someone do this and it would silly to even attempt it except as an experiment. You are giving people needing help here junk information that does not help them at all. Please tell me the company that did the repair that you saw.

You can find plenty of examples of this being done. If someone is asking if it can be done? Absolutely it can, but I'll say the repairs are often of poor quality - especially without access to professional equipment.

May 27, 2018 5:00 PM in response to y_p_w

But it is a suggestion that is essentially bound to be at the least unsatisfactory, and most likely end up destroying the rest of the OPs display. Just because a youtube video or some company offers something doesn’t mean it should be recommended. Delaminating any integral laminated factory LED/LCD or OLED display simply is a waste of time and money - it never works well.

If someone wants to fix their out of warranty iOS device display themselves, just buy a wholly intact used display unit from a place like iFixit that warranties their parts (and accepts returns) and fix the display. Don’t suggest they waste money and effort messing about trying to undo, and then redo a complex process originally done at the factory by robotic assembly lines working in rooms with air cleaner and more sterile than a surgical theatre (and often using propriatory adhesives and other materials simply not available to anyone). It’s disingenuous to make such recommendations to users here.

Especially when, even for a do-it-yourselfer recommendation, a complete intact used/salvaged iPhone 6s display can be had from reputable parts recyclers online (with warranty from them) for under $60.

May 27, 2018 5:20 PM in response to Michael Black

Michael Black wrote:

But it is a suggestion that is essentially bound to be at the least unsatisfactory, and most likely end up destroying the rest of the OPs display. Just because a youtube video or some company offers something doesn’t mean it should be recommended. Delaminating any integral laminated factory LED/LCD or OLED display simply is a waste of time and money - it never works well.

If someone wants to fix their out of warranty iOS device display themselves, just buy a wholly intact used display unit from a place like iFixit that warranties their parts (and accepts returns) and fix the display. Don’t suggest they waste money and effort messing about trying to undo, and then redo a complex process originally done at the factory by robotic assembly lines working in rooms with air cleaner and more sterile than a surgical theatre (and often using propriatory adhesives and other materials simply not available to anyone). It’s disingenuous to make such recommendations to users here.

Especially when, even for a do-it-yourselfer recommendation, a complete intact used/salvaged iPhone 6s display can be had from reputable parts recyclers online (with warranty from them) for under $60.

Again - I'm not recommending it. However, saying it can't be done isn't the same as saying it's a bad idea.

I have firsthand experience with such a repair for my iPad Mini 2. After the repair there was a red spot under the glass and the home button alignment was off. However, Apple didn't offer a screen replacement service other than a $299 replacement device. When I discuss the drawbacks, it's not some theoretical discussion but from my own experience.

May 27, 2018 5:35 PM in response to y_p_w

If you had your iPad Mini 2 repaired this way it just shows how foolish you are, if indeed you had it done. Again, what company did this for you? And saying it can't be done is a great idea...and just letting it go is a better idea. You are still trying to recover from the fact that you didn't know that they were on piece assemblies and that you thought the mall kiosks were just replacing the glass. But they haven't been a separate unit since the iPhone 4 I believe (or even the iPhone 3GS). You are trying to dodge the fact you were wrong and went in search of some weirdness on the Web, which has no shortage of such things.

There aren't a lot of repair places that have ovens that go to 2400 degrees and if they did the cost of doing this would be far higher than just paying $22 for a 3rd party phone screen (depending on the model).

May 27, 2018 5:41 PM in response to y_p_w

I agree. You can find people doing about anything on youtube, but just because you can doesn’t mean you should....and those videos never follow through and show whether or not the device is still working like new a week, month or more down the line.

Theretically I can pull the motherboard out of my laptop break out the soldering iron and replace a part...and there’s probably a video on youtube telling me how to do it, but there is nothing guaranteeing me that my DIY work will stand the test of time.

Theres’ a reason Apple tends to simply exchange broken devices for replacements, Your average apple store isn’t geared for the highly specialized work that is needed to replace the bits and parts of an idevice. They then send those broken devices off to the facilities that know the ins and outs and have the specialized gear to disassemble and reassemble a device.

May 27, 2018 6:01 PM in response to Skydiver119

Skydiver119 wrote:

Theres’ a reason Apple tends to simply exchange broken devices for replacements, Your average apple store isn’t geared for the highly specialized work that is needed to replace the bits and parts of an idevice. They then send those broken devices off to the facilities that know the ins and outs and have the specialized gear to disassemble and reassemble a device.

Certainly for all iPad models a complete replacement is Apple's only service (including battery service). However, all of the newer iPhones can be repaired in-store.

May 27, 2018 6:18 PM in response to deggie

deggie wrote:

If you had your iPad Mini 2 repaired this way it just shows how foolish you are, if indeed you had it done. Again, what company did this for you?

I don't know who did it. I handed it to a friend traveling to Asia who owed me a favor. What else was I going to do with it? An OOW replacement was $299 and I bought a new one on sale for about the same price. It wasn't a great-looking job, but it worked reliably for over two years until it got smashed again.

May 27, 2018 6:32 PM in response to deggie

deggie wrote:

Sure....

I have no means to convince you I'm telling you the truth. Again, it didn't look perfect but worked reliably for two years. If Apple had offered an iPad screen replacement service for the current price of a 6s service I would have done that. I would recommend to the OP to pay Apple's price.

May 27, 2018 6:37 PM in response to y_p_w

First off if you gave it to someone else to have the screen replaced you have no idea of how it was done just the word of the person you gave it to. Second, even in Asia, the cost of removing (defusing) the glass and then fusing a replacement piece would be far higher than a service replacement from Apple and certainly higher than any of the 20 or so 3rd party screens that you could get for far cheaper than either method. I thought it had a red spot on it, that is working reliably to you?

I don't know of ANY legitimate 3rd party repair sites anywhere that would do this or recommend it. The electric costs of operating the oven, especially in Asia, would make it cost prohibitive.

So again, why even mention it here?

how i can find screen for 6s not lcd only the screen!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.