Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Macbook Pro Very Slow with the Battery Disconnected

Hello,

I've a macbook late '11 which was running really fine despite battery not holding much more than 40% of its capacity. In the past few months, the battery became stewed and worried me a little bit so I decided to open my macbook and disconnect it before it explodes or something else but now my mac is running really slow - upon checking the Activity Monitor I see that the CPU has a high usage - and by that I mean 207% ( I don't know how it works but it is what is shown) and everything I do on my Macbook is very painful. Opening Chrome takes ages - any website with Javascript take even more time to load and any click freezes the Chrome \ Youtube on Safari only under 460p - anything above it does not work.

I read a few forums and it seems that I need to have the battery replaced and reconnected it to my computer so it can run properly again however the Apple Services in my country are very expensive - just for comparison an iPhone X costs around U$ 2700,00 - so I was kind of looking for a workaround which does not require me to spend too much money.

This is my Macbook's settings:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011)

2,8 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

Thank you in advance for your replies

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), null

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
User profile for user: rdshnts

Question: Macbook Pro Very Slow with the Battery Disconnected