Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad keyboard repeating keys

the virtual keyboard on my ipad mini 4 malfunctions ittermittentl. when touching a key it will either ignore it, repeat the key multiple times or miraculously type the wrong key! Please note, this has happened to not one but 2 ipad mini 4s! The first one I bought in March this year. Within a a few days it started this rubbish. It ended up locking me out, and I couldnt shut down. I took it back to place of purchase where the they did a full check where they decided at first that it was the screen protector so they threw that in the bin. well that didnt improve anything. So they fully reset it and rang me to say it was now working. Minutes later the tech guy rang back and said bad news, he had decided to check the ipad again just to make sure, and guess what, it started repeating whole lines. In his own words he said it is “officially stuffed” and that they would be replacing it. I brought the new one home and within one use it did the same crazy typing. The business will not repace it. It wasnt behaving badly when the tech had a look at it. I expkained that it starts off intermittently but will gradually worsen. I said if i bring the thing back when it finally locks me out, will that be good enough for a replacement. I did say I do not ever want another ipad mini 4 again for all the tea in india but instead an ipad. He said no because it would be regarded like a scam. This has upset me immensely as I am a disabled person with multiple health problems one which is life threatening ; I am on very strong immunosuppressants. I do medical conferences online to my Drs who are interstate. This technology has allowed me to connect with peope all over the world. I am not supposed to walk around shopping centres because if I get sick I have to go straight to hospital. So far I have travelled 300 kilometres maybe more trying to sort this out.

Q. I have heard of other people having the same issues as me and that it is a flaw that happens about every 20-40 keyboard uses. has anyone here heard of this keyboard problem? It happens with online chatting on Youtube as well as typing emails. Excuse the very long message but am hoping that someone from Apple can help..

iPad Mini Wi-Fi

Posted on May 26, 2018 10:13 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Ipad keyboard repeating keys

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.