Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

6th generation i pod is disabled, showing emergency call only and can not unlock

Found disabled one day, it was asking to unlock passcode. Punched it the my code, and kept saying come back how ever minutes to redo passcode to unlock I pod. says ,ipod is disabled connect to iTunes. when I do it does not want to go to passcode on ipod. only shows emergency on the bottom.

iPod touch

Posted on May 26, 2018 10:22 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2018 12:07 PM in response to julien_from_kugaaruk.nunavut

Hey julien_from_kugaaruk.nunavut,

If I understand correctly, the iPod is disabled and when you connect it to iTunes it does not allow you to enter the passcode again. I would recommend you read this article and use it to help troubleshoot the issue. ​

First, pick a way to erase your device

Unless you made a backup before you forgot your passcode, there isn't a way to save your device's data. You'll need to erase your device, which deletes all of your data and settings. Choose a way to erase your device so you can remove your passcode:

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

6th generation i pod is disabled, showing emergency call only and can not unlock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.