Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will my photos be saved in my iCloud if I delete them off my phone for storage space?

will my photos be on my iCloud if I delete them off my phone for storage space?! They are backed up to my iCloud but it sayd your photo will be deleted from your iCloud Photo Library from all devices so I’m a little confused!?

Posted on May 26, 2018 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2018 1:24 AM

See these articles iCloud: Use iCloud Photo Library on your iOS device

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Turn on iCloud Photo Library:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn on iCloud Photo Library. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos.
  • On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud. Click the Options button next to Photos, then select iCloud Photo Library.
  • On your Apple TV, go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud > iCloud Photo Library.
  • On your PC, follow the steps to set up iCloud Photo Library.

If you've already synced photos to your iOS device from iTunes, and then you turn on iCloud Photo Library on your iOS device, you'll see a message that says "Photos and Videos Synced from iTunes will be Removed." The photos and videos that you synced from your computer will stay on your computer, but they're removed from your iOS device.

You can get these photos and videos back onto your iOS device by turning on iCloud Photo Library on your Mac or PC. When you do that, the photos from your computer upload to iCloud so that you can access them on all of your devices. After you turn on iCloud Photo Library, all photos are in iCloud and accessible from the Photos app on your Mac or a folder on your PC.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2018 1:24 AM in response to vonshae

See these articles iCloud: Use iCloud Photo Library on your iOS device

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Turn on iCloud Photo Library:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn on iCloud Photo Library. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos.
  • On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud. Click the Options button next to Photos, then select iCloud Photo Library.
  • On your Apple TV, go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud > iCloud Photo Library.
  • On your PC, follow the steps to set up iCloud Photo Library.

If you've already synced photos to your iOS device from iTunes, and then you turn on iCloud Photo Library on your iOS device, you'll see a message that says "Photos and Videos Synced from iTunes will be Removed." The photos and videos that you synced from your computer will stay on your computer, but they're removed from your iOS device.

You can get these photos and videos back onto your iOS device by turning on iCloud Photo Library on your Mac or PC. When you do that, the photos from your computer upload to iCloud so that you can access them on all of your devices. After you turn on iCloud Photo Library, all photos are in iCloud and accessible from the Photos app on your Mac or a folder on your PC.

Will my photos be saved in my iCloud if I delete them off my phone for storage space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.