Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do i have to buy Logic Pro again if I want to update?

Hi,

My MacBook Pro runs El Capitan 10.11.6 and I have Logic Pro 10.2.0

I would like to update to 10.4 or even just 10.3 but cannot see any updates available.

If I go into the app store, it only gives me the option to buy Logic, not update...

Do I have to pay for the whole thing again or can I update my software somehow?

Cheers!

S

Logic Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on May 26, 2018 11:23 PM

3 replies

May 27, 2018 1:39 AM in response to Cuauhtemoc

Thank you Cuauhtemoc 🙂

I spoke to Apple and they put me through the technical department instead.

Turns out, Logic Pro showed in my Appstore purchases (from 2015) as still to be downloaded (???) so the super-helpful technician took me through copying a compressed version of the app (which I did have) from my Applications folder, into a new folder, move the Logic Pro I had into the trash and re-download Logic Pro from the Appstore. It didn't take long and now it looks all nice and new...

Turns out I can actually upgrade to High Sierra, so I'll be able to have 10.4 version soon 🙂

Thank you for your reply, because it got me on the right track to get lots of new upgrades!

S

Do i have to buy Logic Pro again if I want to update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.