Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upload Folders To iCloud

I am writing this post in the hope that it saves people from going down the wrong path as I did.

I've been an "all in" Apple user for 2 years now and something that has bothered me from day one is that I couldn't work out how to upload folders to iCloud Drive. After searching the web and talking to Apple Support I literally thought this was not possible which lead me to question how anyone could realistically use iCloud Drive.

Anyway, it turns out while it is not possible to upload folders to iCloud Drive via a web browser (an expected behaviour which after 3 years of users asking for, should really be implemented). You can however do this very easily by just installing the iCloud App for Windows. It works perfectly and in a simple drag and drop manor I was able to upload a handful of folders & subfolders including all their contents.

What annoys me is, for 2 years I thought this was not possible. I even spoke to Apple Support on twitter and while they confirmed you could not do this via a web browser, they didn't point me in the direction of using the app.

I'm now off to buy some cloud storage to enjoy iCloud along with the rest of my Apple products and services. Happy Days 🙂

Posted on May 27, 2018 12:50 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Upload Folders To iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.