Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes burning wrong playlists!!

This is driving me absolutely crazy!!! I never used to have this problem, but now it is a constant problem. I have been using iTunes for years, and I certainly know how to burn CDs with it, but suddenly I have nothing but trouble with it. I follow all the correct procedures for creating and burning my playlists, but iTunes winds up burning another playlist that I did not select instead. It does it every single time I try to burn a playlist, and it is wasting a lot of blank CDs. Not just that, but it no longer shows the playlist that it is burning as a list. It just burns it in the background, and when it finishes I see that it has once again burned whatever it pleases and not what I selected. I admit that I have absolutely hated many of the changes that have been made to iTunes in recent years. It used to be so much easier and nicer to use when creating the playlists and burning them. But with the last few updates and the problems that I have been encountering I have grown to absolutely despise this program!! I have invested a lot of money in all the music I have purchased through iTunes, and I really want to be able to mix and burn what I want onto CDs that I can enjoy on my home and car stereos. I am so aggravated. Can anyone help me to figure out what is going on and help me get it straightened out? I would be so grateful. Just to give a little background information, I am running the most recent version of iTunes. I always update it whenever prompted to do so. I am running Windows 10 on my laptop, and my computer is an HP Pavilion dv6 with a nice, big hard drive and an Intel Core i5 processor. I always use good quality CD-Rs. I don't know if all that info is needed, but I wanted to provide anything that might help. Thanks so much for any help that anyone can provide!!!!!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1, Windows 10

Posted on May 27, 2018 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2018 11:47 AM

Right-click on the playlist you want to burn rather than using File > Burn to Playlist.

Use Feedback - iTunes - Apple to suggest that Apple reset the CD burning subsystem to the one that last worked properly back in iTunes 12.7.1.14 and that has been broken since December.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

iTunes burning wrong playlists!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.