Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which iPhone to buy in May 2018?

Hi,

I want to get a new iPhone as my 5S is getting a bit slow running iOS 11.2.6. I need a iPhone that is not overpriced (Like the X). I want a iPhone that has a Decent camera, Augmented reality, Can run iOS perfectly, TouchID 2.0, 3D touch. I understand i will need to pay hundreds for a nice iPhone. Which iPhone best suits me? Thanks.

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.2.6, 1006jws

Posted on May 27, 2018 6:10 AM

7 replies

May 27, 2018 7:08 PM in response to 1006jws

I have a 5s as well and am holding out on getting a new phone myself. Historically, we get new models in the fall at the very least, and it's possible that we'll see info at WWDC in the next week or so (I think the event is on June 4?).

I recently tweaked some settings on my phone to make it a bit quicker, and the one that helped the most was this:

Settings>General>Accessibility>Increase Contrast>Reduce Transparency.

Not as pretty, but it's running noticeably better.

If that doesn't help and/or you are just ready to upgrade anyway, go for an 8 if it's in your budget. Otherwise, a 7 is a solid option 🙂

~Lyssa

Which iPhone to buy in May 2018?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.