Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was not able to feed my podcast in i tunes

This is the first time I am trying to create a podcast in i tune

I used podbean web, when I try to link into iTunes there are 3 challenges I faces as per Podbase

1. Does the podcast feed have a “good” URL?

Here I test for problems like the use of someone else’s domain, the use of deprecated services, etc.

The feed domain belongs to a 3rd-party. Podcasters should own the podcast domain and redirect to the hosted feed as neccessary, so they don’t lose their subscribers if they change hosts, or the host goes out of business.

2. Byte-range support

The server for your episodes must support “byte-range requests”, which enables podcast apps to fetch media in chunks. This is required to support streaming, and is required to be promoted in iTunes.

Hrmmm, the “0” status code was unexpected. Can you please report using the "?" in the lower-right corner?

3. Cover art

The cover art must be 1,400–3,000 pixels square to look good on fancy retina-class displays.

• The podcast art is too small — 759×798 pixels. Apple requires 1400x1400-pixel JPEG cover art if you ever want to be featured on iTunes, which you do. (Don’t just scale up your current artwork, either—it won’t fool anybody.)

Please help

Posted on May 27, 2018 5:20 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 27, 2018 7:50 AM in response to madlymaggi

You've got all the answers already, except that you can ignore number 1. 'Byte-range support' is required for iPhones: it's the method used for downloading whereby parts of the file are requested at a time rather than the whole file. It's mandatory for the server you use to support this. If it doesn't you should contact the people running it to enquire if it can be enabled. If not, you will have to find another server.

Your image must, as stated, be minimum 1400 x 1400 px, maximum 3000 x 3000 px; it must be JPG or PNG, RGB, and less than 500-kB.

I was not able to feed my podcast in i tunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.