Question: Problem with Airplay streaming from iPhone's TV app to Apple TV
I have a few iTunes purchased and downloaded movies on my iPhone's TV app. I can play them fine right on my iPhone. When I try to stream any of them to my Apple TV via AirPlay I get error 12162. The movie just wont start playing. Streaming via AirPlay from other apps like Youtube go just fine without any issues so I think there is a specific issue with iTunes downloaded content. I have checked similar issues and need to say that I have done all of the following and it did not help:
- Check AirPlay is turned on on the Apple TV (turn it off and on if it already is)
- Check that both devices are on the same network (Settings > Wifi, on the mobile device and Settings > General > Network, on the Apple TV).
- Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).
- Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
- Restart your router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
- Restart your mobile device.
Error 12162 and no go.
iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.3.1, TV app