Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS High Sierra installer errors

Recently on my daughter's MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2014 - running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4) whenever trying to install apps (not from App Store), similar error messages show up (see below for first section of the log - full log generates "invalid characters" in this post).

As far as I can see, settings in the Security Preferences Panel are OK. Software installer image files were downloaded through legitimate software purchase sites from publishers (e.g. Adobe).

Running the same installer on my MacBook 12" works just fine ...

Anyone has any idea what might be the problem here ?

Process: Install [764]

Path: /Volumes/VOLUME/*/InDesign Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Install

Identifier: com.adobe.Install

Version: 4.5.5.342 (4.5.5.342)

Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process: ??? [1]

Responsible: Install [764]

User ID: 503

Date/Time: 2018-05-27 14:24:00.134 +0200

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.13.4 (17E199)

Report Version: 12

Anonymous UUID: 14081E95-ACA3-638F-7D32-A3838EB26FC7

Time Awake Since Boot: 780 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Notes: Translocated Process

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: EXC_I386_GPFLT

Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb

Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on May 27, 2018 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2018 2:03 PM

Hi there, pplanch!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with installing apps on your MacBook Pro and I am happy to help out! First, take a look at this article with steps to follow to Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac. This will perform checks and stop certain software from starting up automatically. Once you are in safe mode, check to see if the issue is still happening. Also, check out this article with steps for How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac to create a new user and test the issue in the new account to see if the issue is user specific or system wide.
Let me know the results and take care!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2018 2:03 PM in response to pplanch

Hi there, pplanch!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with installing apps on your MacBook Pro and I am happy to help out! First, take a look at this article with steps to follow to Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac. This will perform checks and stop certain software from starting up automatically. Once you are in safe mode, check to see if the issue is still happening. Also, check out this article with steps for How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac to create a new user and test the issue in the new account to see if the issue is user specific or system wide.
Let me know the results and take care!

MacOS High Sierra installer errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.