Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I add someone to my apple music account, will they have access to my icloud, imessages, photos, and/or emails?

iPhone 8, Apple Music family sharing account

Posted on May 27, 2018 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2018 11:18 AM

No.

With Family Sharing, there is a shared photo album.

You also have a shared calendar and with 200GB plans (or better) for iCloud storage, you can share storage, but not the data stored there. The music plan is not really shared, just the payment for it. You each get your own independent iCloud Music Library.

Messages and email are never shared unless you use the same credentials.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2018 11:18 AM in response to bennetta

No.

With Family Sharing, there is a shared photo album.

You also have a shared calendar and with 200GB plans (or better) for iCloud storage, you can share storage, but not the data stored there. The music plan is not really shared, just the payment for it. You each get your own independent iCloud Music Library.

Messages and email are never shared unless you use the same credentials.

If I add someone to my apple music account, will they have access to my icloud, imessages, photos, and/or emails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.