Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Major performace problems since 11.3.1 ios update!

I have a laundry list of issues since 11.3.1 update! What is happening!?

It is constantly lagging - typing anything is so frustrating, every character is several seconds behind. It freezes up constantly. Most all apps force close for no reason. Battery drain is excessively fast. (Yes I checked battery health and says it’s functioning at a normal level.) Safari very touchy - some pages NEVER load, especially on data and occasionally WiFi. Safari freezes up constanly, and/or is very very slow! Yes I even went into settings and I cleared all my website history and data, no change. I have tried hard restart several times. Touch screen is even lagging, sometimes not working at all, or have to tap something several times for it finally to “go.” I get a blank, black screen at random moments, no rhyme or reason to it, can be from any page or app. Most frustrating is probably losing in-progress important texts or emails or documents which force close out of nowhere and I LOSE EVERYTHING previously written. This has happened MANY times, and when I go back in, everything is gone. I’ve lost valuable time and information with this problem especially. What else.... oh yes the camera lags and freezes - I can press the shutter and several seconds later the sound effect happens. Orientation also freezes - and no it is not locked.

I have an iPhone 6s Plus which is in otherwise near-perfect condition, so I have no real need for purchasing a new phone. But goodness gracious.....I feel as if I’m being backed into a “it’s been a while since we’ve made money on you - you’re phone is old so we’re gradually killing it to force you into buying a new one” corner by Apple. :/

Is anyone else experiencing these issues, are there any known fixes, are any of these “known” problems, is it related to the 11.3.1 update - it’s the only correlation I can draw.... please help!

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2, Problem began with ios 9 on 6s plus

Posted on May 27, 2018 10:42 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 30, 2018 11:11 AM in response to j.erin1530

My 6S and 6S plus are behaving perfectly, no lag except when expected due to poor cellular conditions.

Remember the battery health tool is still Beta and by definition unreliable until it goes Gold. What you are describing sounds like extreme performance management to cover a failing battery (you said it discharges fast too). Contact Apple Support, arrange to get your phone a health check and maybe a new battery while the good prices are with us until end of 2018.

Major performace problems since 11.3.1 ios update!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.