Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: My phone will not charge to 100% . I used different cords and adapters, and nothing seems to work. What do I do?

Ever since someone I lost my old cord that came with my iPhone 8+. It’s never seems to charge at all. I tried at least 4 cords and 8 difference cub things. Nothing seem to work. My phone only chargers a couple percentages. Idk what’s wrong w my phone and what can I do to fix it. I just got it not to long ago as well.

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Hi Rosab215,

You're situation sounds really weird especially since it is a new phone. However, I don't think it is possible for a phone to have a specific cable. With that in mind, I think it could be that the phone could have a battery defect, which you ca gt checked out at your local apple store. Another possibility is that you may not be using a genuine apple cord. Some cords are not compatible with iPhones. I suggest using a genuine cord or one from a well known company such as Anker or Aukey. These alternatives may be cheaper than the genuine ones. However the case, I would definitely buy the genuine cord as it is certified.

Leo

Posted on

May 27, 2018 9:58 AM in response to Rosab215 In response to Rosab215

Hi

Go to iCloud make sure iCloud back up is on Then backup now over your wifi.

Then go to settings down to reset Restore iPhone back to factory settings.

Set back up over your wifi when it asks if you want to use iCloud backup Say yes to get your apps and data back this will get rid of any bugs.

If you still have a problem make an appointment at Apple store.

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

May 27, 2018 9:58 AM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Apple recommended

May 27, 2018 2:42 PM in response to Rosab215 In response to Rosab215

Hi Rosab215,

You're situation sounds really weird especially since it is a new phone. However, I don't think it is possible for a phone to have a specific cable. With that in mind, I think it could be that the phone could have a battery defect, which you ca gt checked out at your local apple store. Another possibility is that you may not be using a genuine apple cord. Some cords are not compatible with iPhones. I suggest using a genuine cord or one from a well known company such as Anker or Aukey. These alternatives may be cheaper than the genuine ones. However the case, I would definitely buy the genuine cord as it is certified.

Leo

May 27, 2018 2:42 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Rosab215

Question: My phone will not charge to 100% . I used different cords and adapters, and nothing seems to work. What do I do?