Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I clean sticky residue from iPad charging ports?

Two iPads both appear to have gotten some gunk of something or another off of my pencil adaptor. The tiny adaptor fell into a trash can in a coffee shop. Both iPads were then attached to the same charging cable that was used with the adaptor. There was a delay of several hours prior to second iPad being in contact with this charging cable. Which leads me to believe that some dry coffee residue may have gotten into and interfered with both ipad’s Charging capacities. They both only charge when cables are half way plugged in to iPad.

Could I potentially clean both iPad ports with cotton swabs and rubbing alcohol or something? Im guessing simply waiting for an Apple scheduled appointment would be wisest.

Posted on May 27, 2018 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2018 9:57 AM

I'd say your guess is correct - let the experts take a look at it, so make an appointment.

1 reply

How do I clean sticky residue from iPad charging ports?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.