Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad imessage

Every time I try going to my iMessage app on iPad it always prompts me to sign in with Apple ID but never takes me to iMessage to send message please help

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular

Posted on May 27, 2018 9:44 AM

1 reply

May 28, 2018 4:06 PM in response to celinesfromburlington

Hello Celines,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are unable to sign in and use iMessage on your iPad 2. You've come to the right place for help.

Let's start by ensuring iMessage is turned on from Settings > Messages. From that same screen, sign in to iMessage with your Apple ID. If you are unable to sign in and activate iMessage, the following resource has some additional troubleshooting steps to try:

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Keep in mind that it might take up to 24 hours to activate iMessage. You may also want to review your email address used for iMessage following this section:

Get more help

You can also use your email address with iMessage and FaceTime. Sign in to your Apple ID account page and review all the email addresses you have on file, including the one that you're trying to verify. If the email address is incorrect, you can update it. Then click Resend next to the email address that you want to verify.

​Take care!

ipad imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.