Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

drops of soft watercolor

Hello, could someone help me?

I would like to create drops of soft watercolor that fall and are partly absorbed by paper or tissue. I recently saw a demo on youtube but can not find it.

I tried with drop.png and filters, but it does not really match.

Posted on May 27, 2018 12:43 PM

4 replies

Jun 10, 2018 3:23 PM in response to kinouche

In Motion, you can left-click on any color swatch and pop up the "System Color Picker":

User uploaded file

For gradients, click on the color tab under the gradient tool then left-click on the color swatch displayed.

When the System color picker pops up, click on the second tab (sliders) then choose HSB Sliders from the drop down menu:

User uploaded file

Although there are command key "shortcuts" listed in the menu, they don't work in Motion. Command - 4 will show/hide the Layers List column... even if the color picker is the "front" window.

Jun 11, 2018 1:54 PM in response to kinouche

Hi

I was working on a similar project recently, and I got some good advice here. This is the link to that thread.

Advice for creating watercolour drop effect

The advice I got was specific to my project, but I think a lot of the information in that thread will be useful for you too, as our concepts are similar.

Generally, for an ink/paint splash effect, you can apply the 'Inkbleed Heavy 01' brush style to a single bezier point.

I made a quick example for you, here is the link for that project file if you want to check it out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdxd3hyrsbklhx8/Ink%20Brush%20for%20Waterpaint%20Effec t.motn?dl=0

You will need to have updated to Motion 5.4.1 to open the file.

In your Motion contents library, there is also the inkwash01 png file, which can be used to build water paint splashes with more variety, using emitters - which is the advice you will find in that thread. In that thread, you will find the advice for making the colors more painty than inky.

Fox_M was the source of all that wonderful advice, so hopefully he may respond to you with in the in-depth advice you need. In the meantime, I hope this basic information is helpful for you.

Jun 10, 2018 6:17 AM in response to rowie302

Thank you very much for the link and for the example you gave me. I'm trying to do exactly the video example of Fox M. watercolor drops soaking into paper - YouTube

I've been missing a few times and get back to it today. I had started with inkwash and a emitter. By cons, know what the HSB Sliders tab and where I can find it in motion. I have RGB, CMYK and TSL, but not HSB

drops of soft watercolor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.