Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod nano 2008 sync

Hi!

I own an iPod nano from 2008, I am not really sure what generation, I would say the first, because it has no camera. But that is besides the point. I have recently rediscovered it and no matter how much I (dis)liked my musical taste from 10 years ago, I would like to sync several new songs on it. Would that be possible? Nowadays most of my music is cloud-based and on Apple Music, but I still have a few albums in my laptop and some downloaded tunes. Would they sync?

Thank you in advance!

iPod nano

Posted on May 27, 2018 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2018 2:28 AM

Hi daridelion,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to sync music to your older iPod nano. I’m happy to provide you some direction.

While you would not be able to sync any music in your library acquired from your subscription to Apple Music, any purchased or imported music in iTunes on your computer can be synced to your iPod nano.

The following article gives a syncing overview:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB - Apple Support

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2018 2:28 AM in response to daridelion

Hi daridelion,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to sync music to your older iPod nano. I’m happy to provide you some direction.

While you would not be able to sync any music in your library acquired from your subscription to Apple Music, any purchased or imported music in iTunes on your computer can be synced to your iPod nano.

The following article gives a syncing overview:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB - Apple Support

Have a great day!

ipod nano 2008 sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.