Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to download Netflix on iPad 2 with iOs 9.3.5

I am not able to download the Netflix app to my IPad2, I know however that i should be able to download it via iTunes on my mac and the download the "purchase" on my iPad later and it will offer me a backdated verion to work with iOs 9.3.5. How ever it is not allowing me to download it at all. The button for download in the iTunes store is dimmd and says "iOs AppStore Only"... What do I do, since also when I go to my iPad's appstore it will not download because iPad 2 does not update the iOs 10.

Is there a solution to this? have scoured the internet for a solution but can not find.

P.S. Netflix will not allow viewing through the safari app either.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on May 27, 2018 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2018 12:50 PM

You need to be using an older version of iTunes.

iTunes 12.7.x no longer supports apps.

You need to be using older iTunes 12.6.x versions of iTunes.

iTunes 12.6.4 here.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208079

DO NOT download OR USE the latest version of iTunes (version 12.7.x) as there is no more support for saving apps in iTunes under the most recent versions.

If you have already downloaded the recent 12.7.x version of iTunes, NONE of what I have wriiten here in this post reply may work!

You will need to use an older iTunes version and once it is downloaded and installed on your computer, at launch, hold down the Opt/Alt key on your keyboard while launching this older iTunee version, so you can create a new Tunes library.

BEFORE DOING the IMMEDIATELY ABOVE, if you use iTunes and iTunes 12.7.x on a computer and already have an iTunes Library, you will need to find the iTunes Library folder on your computer and, temporarily, move/copy this folder to another location so you do not accidentally write over your existing current iTunes library.

Then, back on your iPad, you can try to download the latest app from the iOS App Store and if the developer/s has/have left an older, compatible version of their app/s on Apple's app servers, then you will receive a small window pop-up prompt that states that there is an older version of the app that is compatible with your device.. Would you like to download this version now.

Tap the OK button just below the prompt to start the downloading of the older app version to your iPad.

If you are successful in getting apps on this iPad, consider looking for more “up to date”, third party iOS web browsers for that version of iOS.

Some third party web browser developers supported their web browser on iOS for a long time and are more up to date than that iOS 9.3.5 version of the Safari Web Browser.

Here are some third party iOS web browsers that may still have older versions that are STILL supported on iOS 9.3.5.

Aloha Web browser

Perfect Web browser

Dolphin Web browser

iCab Mobile Web browser

Maven Web Browser

Opera Web browser

Maxthon Web browser

FYI,

Not every app you attempt to download will have an older, iOS 9.3.5 compatible version. For older apps that may still have an older iOS version available, the lowest compatible iOS version of an app is iOS 4.2.1.

Good Luck to You!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2018 12:50 PM in response to aconfusedjones

You need to be using an older version of iTunes.

iTunes 12.7.x no longer supports apps.

You need to be using older iTunes 12.6.x versions of iTunes.

iTunes 12.6.4 here.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208079

DO NOT download OR USE the latest version of iTunes (version 12.7.x) as there is no more support for saving apps in iTunes under the most recent versions.

If you have already downloaded the recent 12.7.x version of iTunes, NONE of what I have wriiten here in this post reply may work!

You will need to use an older iTunes version and once it is downloaded and installed on your computer, at launch, hold down the Opt/Alt key on your keyboard while launching this older iTunee version, so you can create a new Tunes library.

BEFORE DOING the IMMEDIATELY ABOVE, if you use iTunes and iTunes 12.7.x on a computer and already have an iTunes Library, you will need to find the iTunes Library folder on your computer and, temporarily, move/copy this folder to another location so you do not accidentally write over your existing current iTunes library.

Then, back on your iPad, you can try to download the latest app from the iOS App Store and if the developer/s has/have left an older, compatible version of their app/s on Apple's app servers, then you will receive a small window pop-up prompt that states that there is an older version of the app that is compatible with your device.. Would you like to download this version now.

Tap the OK button just below the prompt to start the downloading of the older app version to your iPad.

If you are successful in getting apps on this iPad, consider looking for more “up to date”, third party iOS web browsers for that version of iOS.

Some third party web browser developers supported their web browser on iOS for a long time and are more up to date than that iOS 9.3.5 version of the Safari Web Browser.

Here are some third party iOS web browsers that may still have older versions that are STILL supported on iOS 9.3.5.

Aloha Web browser

Perfect Web browser

Dolphin Web browser

iCab Mobile Web browser

Maven Web Browser

Opera Web browser

Maxthon Web browser

FYI,

Not every app you attempt to download will have an older, iOS 9.3.5 compatible version. For older apps that may still have an older iOS version available, the lowest compatible iOS version of an app is iOS 4.2.1.

Good Luck to You!

unable to download Netflix on iPad 2 with iOs 9.3.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.