Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Built In Email: Gmail

1. I have 3 emails (hotmail, gmail, yahoo) linked to my iPad’s built in email. I set my gmail as my default. But from time to time, when I send an email, it automatically picks up the yahoo or hotmail. Has anyone had this issue and what is the solution?

2. I am wondering - is there a way to activate tasks or reminders in gmail (the built-in email in iPad)? I do not mean the gmail app. The reason why I do not want the gmail app is am trying to minimize unnecessary apps being loaded into my iPad

iPad Pro, iOS 10.2, TV apps

Posted on May 27, 2018 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2018 2:02 PM

Mariansapple wrote:

2. I am wondering - is there a way to activate tasks or reminders in gmail (the built-in email in iPad)? I do not mean the gmail app. The reason why I do not want the gmail app is am trying to minimize unnecessary apps being loaded into my iPad

Do you mean Google Tasks? No, the built in Mail app has no task feature. You might check Google's help files to see if there's a way to sync your Google tasks with the built in Reminders app but, last I recall, you can't.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2018 2:02 PM in response to Mariansapple

Mariansapple wrote:

Do you mean Google Tasks? No, the built in Mail app has no task feature. You might check Google's help files to see if there's a way to sync your Google tasks with the built in Reminders app but, last I recall, you can't.

Built In Email: Gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.