Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can we upgrade the MacBook air prossecor from core i5 to core i7? How much time and cost of that ? Also the SSD can I increase my macbook or should I buy a new one.

Can we upgrade the MacBook air prossecor from core i5 to core i7? How much time and cost of that ? Also the SSD can I increase it in my MacBook

Posted on May 27, 2018 12:37 PM

2 replies

May 27, 2018 1:09 PM in response to MariamAlketbi2

No, because the CPU is not socketed. The SSD, if it came with one, is socketed but Apple uses a proprietary edge connector the differs from those used in retail replacements. Upgrading both would be relatively expensive. If you don't think yours is fast enough for what you do then buy a newer machine that better fits your needs for now and the next 3-5 years.

Can we upgrade the MacBook air prossecor from core i5 to core i7? How much time and cost of that ? Also the SSD can I increase my macbook or should I buy a new one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.