Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received a call from an automated system from Apple Inc

About 5 calls came in 3 hrs time, so I started to take it seriously. I held online to see what they had to say - automated system goes to a live person. They said my icloud account had been compromised internationally and they could help. He led me to my browser and requested I type in "can't establish a secures connection". My gut was telling me to hang up, instead I proceeded and twice I asked why we weren't on an APPLE support page to resolve the issue. His answer was to look at my caller ID and to be patient, we were about to get there in the process.... next step instruction was to hit a download button, instead I hung up on him. Now as I am on support searching I find it is listed as a scam... ugh

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.1, null

Posted on May 27, 2018 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2018 1:24 PM

Any such phone call, email message, SMS, snail-mail, smoke signal, morse code, etc. will always be a scam.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

I received a call from an automated system from Apple Inc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.