Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac mini i7 2012

Been looking around for a 2012 mac mini but I have questions about being able to integrate/attach several older drives to the new mini.

Currently using an older, 2006, mac pro desktop with four internal drives of various ages and sizes plus one external drive, also old. I would like to be able to copy these into a smaller configuration onto newer drive(s). Most of my graphic/video editing software is old; photoshop cs3, after effects cs4, final cut studio 2, as well and will only operate with snow leopard.

One question is, will it be possible to link these older OS/software programs to the mini with the operating OS of high sierra? One of my drives was operating with lion and able to upgrade to sierra but this was done on another, newer, mac pro which is now dead due to salt air and a hurricane. :{

Also, are there any recommendations as to where to look for such a device other than the very expensive refurbished department within apple?

Thanks for your input.

Posted on May 27, 2018 1:15 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 28, 2018 3:20 AM in response to novanut

Another source of 2012 MacMinis can be found here:

Refurbished Apple Mac Mini Desktops from OWC

These are tested, have a 14 day money back guarantee,

and a 90 day parts and labor.

FWIW, the 2012 being the last quad core Minis made will command

a premium price on the market.

Be aware, that the 2012 Mac Minis originally shipped with Mountain Lion

(OSX 10.8.2) and that is the oldest operating system that can be installed

on it.

As far as any drives, regardless of what OS they were created on, if they

have an interface that works with the 2012 they should be readable.

mac mini i7 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.