Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Keypad not recogized when in Nissan Maxima Carplay

I have a 2017 Maxima. When i have my iphone connected through carplay and I’m on a call my keypad inputs from the phone are not recognized. This is most painful when i need to enter a passcode for a conference call. Im forces to unplug the cord and go to bluetooth to enter the passcode. On bluetooth the keypad sounds are recognized without a problem.

Posted on May 27, 2018 3:27 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2018 7:28 PM in response to bretwkramer

Hello Bret,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're encountering some issues with keyboard input on your iPhone when using CarPlay. You've come to the right place for help.

The following resource has some troubleshooting steps to try when CarPlay doesn't work as you expect:

Set up CarPlay with your iPhone - Apple Support

Specifically, follow the steps in this section:

Get help

If CarPlay doesn't work like you expect, here’s what you can check. After each step, try using CarPlay again.

1. Make sure that Siri is turned on.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your car. Depending on your car, you might see the CarPlay Home screen when you turn it on. If you don't, look for the CarPlay logo on your car’s display.
  3. If possible, connect your iPhone to a different USB port in your car.
  4. Try a different Lightning to USB cable. Make sure that the cable is certified.
  5. Update to the latest version of iOS.
  6. Check your car’s manual for help. You might need to install firmware updates for your stereo.

If you're still experiencing the behavior after trying those steps, some helpful information to know would be: does this happen only while on calls, or does it occur when using the keyboard in different apps as well?

Cheers!

iPhone Keypad not recogized when in Nissan Maxima Carplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.