Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't Apple Car Play display all the apps I have on my iphone and why can't I use Waze for navigation rather than the Apple navigation app, which is not as good as Waze?

Two questions, actually. Why doesn't Apple Car Play display all the apps I have on my iphone? Why can't I use Waze for navigation rather than the Apple navigation app, which is not as good as Waze?

Posted on May 27, 2018 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2018 4:29 PM

Because CarPlay does not work with all apps by design - iOS - CarPlay - Apple. It only supports a very finite set of apps all of which require minimal user intervention to control and use while driving. Waze and navigation apps other than Apple maps are not supported.

If you dislike the manner in which Apple has implemented their CarPlay feature, you can submit feedback at Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2018 4:29 PM in response to Polaris12

Because CarPlay does not work with all apps by design - iOS - CarPlay - Apple. It only supports a very finite set of apps all of which require minimal user intervention to control and use while driving. Waze and navigation apps other than Apple maps are not supported.

If you dislike the manner in which Apple has implemented their CarPlay feature, you can submit feedback at Product Feedback - Apple

Why doesn't Apple Car Play display all the apps I have on my iphone and why can't I use Waze for navigation rather than the Apple navigation app, which is not as good as Waze?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.