Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constant clicking sound from under MacBook trackpad

Every second, there's a click sound coming from what seems to be underneath the trackpad of my MacBook Pro laptop. I have an up to date software program and when I put it up to my ear, sounds like somethings rotating which creates the sound. Any tips on how to fix? It's quiet but slightly annoying. Already did a diagnostics report and it said its fine.

MacBook Pro, 10.13.4 OS

Posted on May 27, 2018 5:05 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2018 7:36 PM in response to Nsg709

Hey there, Nsg709,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your issue, you hear a clicking noise from near or under the trackpad of your MacBook Pro. I'm happy to help!

If you there is an audible clicking sound that your'e concerned about, I would recommend taking the MacBook Pro into an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have it looked at. Once a physical inspection has been done, a Genius or Apple-certified technician can tell you the best way to proceed.

You can find the nearest location to you, get contact information, and set reservations here: Apple - Find locations .

You're also welcome to reach out to Apple Support directly for more information, and to review your options: Contact Apple Support .

Have a good day.

Constant clicking sound from under MacBook trackpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.