Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I approve Iphone from another device?

How do I approve Iphone from another device

Posted on May 27, 2018 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2018 3:37 PM

I've done that because my iPhone is making me do the two-factor authentication with the warning that features will not work unless I do and I can't make the notification for it just go away. So I've done the verification code and on my iPhone it is like taking FOREVER cycling that it is "Waiting for approval....".

So, just to continue the steps I have done several times, at the bottom of my iPhone screen I click "Can't approve this iPhone?" so it shows to reset end to end encrypted data to finish setting up iCloud. But...I've gotten a warning that I will lose everything on my iPhone.

So....I went back and backed up my iPhone to iCloud but none of my contacts backed up.....That's ok, they're on my laptop backed up.

So...I went back through this vicious cycle for about the 4th time.

What is end-to-end encrypted data? Am I going to lose settings or info I have on my iPhone. I clicked on something earlier while doing this and then tried another step and was told that my device (iPhone) was not connected to my account.

Pfft.....

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2018 3:37 PM in response to sberman

I've done that because my iPhone is making me do the two-factor authentication with the warning that features will not work unless I do and I can't make the notification for it just go away. So I've done the verification code and on my iPhone it is like taking FOREVER cycling that it is "Waiting for approval....".

So, just to continue the steps I have done several times, at the bottom of my iPhone screen I click "Can't approve this iPhone?" so it shows to reset end to end encrypted data to finish setting up iCloud. But...I've gotten a warning that I will lose everything on my iPhone.

So....I went back and backed up my iPhone to iCloud but none of my contacts backed up.....That's ok, they're on my laptop backed up.

So...I went back through this vicious cycle for about the 4th time.

What is end-to-end encrypted data? Am I going to lose settings or info I have on my iPhone. I clicked on something earlier while doing this and then tried another step and was told that my device (iPhone) was not connected to my account.

Pfft.....

How do I approve Iphone from another device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.