Related Article: If you forgot your Apple ID

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received an email from Apple Security saying my Apple ID was temporarily disabled asking me to update my information. Is this email really from Apple Security?

Have you ever received an email from Apple Security saying your Apple ID has been temporarily disabled due to some activity in a different location?

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on May 27, 2018 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2018 3:16 PM

No, it is a phishing attempt. Do not respond to, or otherwise act on the email.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

5 replies

May 27, 2018 5:28 PM in response to jeancox100

Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you, not Dear Customer, Dear Client or by using your e-mail address. The e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more. Apple e-mails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information such as Social Security numbers. Apple will not send an e-mail telling you that your ID is disabled.

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment.

reportphishing@apple.com

I received an email from Apple Security saying my Apple ID was temporarily disabled asking me to update my information. Is this email really from Apple Security?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.