Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo stream updates on Apple TV

How often does photo stream update on Apple TV? I have ATV model A1469 using software version7.2.2

Does the updates come from iCloud directly or does iTunes or Photos have to be open on your computer?

AppleTV 2, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on May 27, 2018 5:10 PM

3 replies

May 27, 2018 5:49 PM in response to capecodmama

I was wondering about this subject. Are you saying that, only a certain number of photos from my IMac Photos, will be streamed? How can I see recent photos imported to my IMac and streamed to Apple TV? What is the process to see newer photos selected from "Photos" to stream? I am tired of seeing the same photos streamed to my Apple TV!

May 27, 2018 5:56 PM in response to nuguy2

Photo stream is not the same as iCloud Photo library (which puts your full library from the Photos app in the cloud). The latter requires a 4th gen or newer Apple TV.

Photo stream is for automatically syncing photos taken on IOS across devices, if photo stream is enabled on your Mac then photos imported there will also be a part of the photo stream. This is not meant as a storage solution, again these photos are only there for 30 days.

If you are using home sharing then that is separate and done via the Computers app on Apple TV (in this case your computer does need to be on and have iTunes running as it is accessing your local content).

If you are using photos for a screensaver, whether from the cloud or your computer, then only a select amount will be temporarily cached. If you want to see different photos then you need to manually go into the screensaver settings and select a new batch to be cached.

photo stream updates on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.