Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High sierra issues can anyone help me?

hi everyone.

I did the download to my macbook pro 2017 the new software, but it not letting me save it or install it on to my mac cause it is saying my hard drive " currently been encrypted"

what does that means? can anyone help me please?

thank you.

MacBook Pro, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 27, 2018 6:42 PM

2 replies

May 27, 2018 8:20 PM in response to stucchi1

Hi stucchi1,

Can you please take a screenshot or a photo of the screen that is displaying this error message? I myself haven't ran into this yet, but I suspect that FileVault may be the reason why this message is appearing.

To take a partial screenshot on your Mac, press Command-Shift-4. Drag your cursor to select a rectangular area to capture, then release the mouse or trackpad. Alternatively, to take a screenshot of a specific window, press the space bar (after pressing Command-Shift-4), then click on the window you want to capture. Your screenshot will be saved onto your desktop.

To take a screenshot of the entire screen, press Command-Shift-3. Your screenshot will be saved onto your desktop.

Or, if you want to use the actual application for this, navigate to the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder, then open Grab. It's basically the Mac version of Windows Snipping Tool. To use it, click on Capture in the very top menu bar once it's open (no GUI will display), then choose the type of screenshot you'd like to take.

If you need to obscure or block any sensitive information in the screenshot(s), please read this User Tip: How to edit a screenshot. The circled marker (Markup) icon replaces the toolbox icon in Preview, but has the same function.

High sierra issues can anyone help me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.