Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot verify phone number

When I try to add my phone number to my iCloud account it does not allow me to and says "This phone number is already in use with another account". I do not recall linking my phone number with any other account. Is there a way to remove my number from the unknown account it is linked up with so that I may add my number to my actual account?

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 27, 2018 7:38 PM

3 replies

May 28, 2018 6:40 AM in response to kaseck6

You wrote - I do not recall linking my phone number with any other account. Is there a way to remove my number from the unknown account it is linked up with so that I may add my number to my actual account.

To enter an Apple ID account you must have the questions and answers written with you , once you enter the account by filling up the details go to accounts and click on edit .

User uploaded file

Scroll down in the window and to remove an old mobile number click on cross sign , to add a new mobile number click on add more and check the small circle of phone number and fill up the details - click on continue and finally save it .

User uploaded file

This method applies for both old apple id account and new account , condition you need Apple ID questions and answers to enter it .

May 28, 2018 10:00 AM in response to kaseck6

Whoever is the owner of the another account will reset it see this article If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Or if I he / she knows the question and answers for Apple ID that person can enter the apple id account , then he can delete your mobile number from the account .

You can't enter his account without his permissions ( and if luckily he reveals the data to you ) , then this problem can be solved .

Also read this article https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204074

Cannot verify phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.