Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocked by Old Apple ID

Had a iPhone 4 and acquired an iPhone 6. Connected to iTunes and loaded the 4 data onto the 6 gave it my Apple ID and password which it accepted then a box with my old apple ID shows up. No idea where it came from. When I try to enter any of my possible passwords nothing is accepted which is effectively blocking my access to the phone. Apple knows it's me since it recognizes all our devices including the new iPhone 6 when I go online to my Apple ID page. It says that I am signed into the iPhone 6 even though the phone is presenting me with my old ID. ***? I suspect I can't even wipe the phone under these conditions. If no advice come I guess I'll phone my local store tomorrow.

iPhone 6, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 27, 2018 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2018 5:50 AM

Canticus wrote:

No idea where it came from.

You restored a backup of the iPhone 4. Undoubtedly, that backup contained things (e.g., music, apps) that were purchased and therefore owned by the previous Apple ID.

You would have to either supply that Apple ID and password, or cleanse the iPhone of all data owned by that previous Apple ID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2018 5:50 AM in response to Canticus

Canticus wrote:

No idea where it came from.

You restored a backup of the iPhone 4. Undoubtedly, that backup contained things (e.g., music, apps) that were purchased and therefore owned by the previous Apple ID.

You would have to either supply that Apple ID and password, or cleanse the iPhone of all data owned by that previous Apple ID.

May 28, 2018 5:58 AM in response to sberman

I had already changed the Apple ID on my iPhone 4 2 or 3 months ago. I suspect it has something to do with iCloud since I never used it. The iPhone 6 is usable since I found that clicking on the 'Later' option 3 or 4 times makes the demand for a password on the old ID go away for a while but it's like a zombie that keeps coming back. Thanks for your thoughtful answer.

Blocked by Old Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.