Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad suddenly losing charge quickly

Any ideas why my ipad would suddenly go from holding charge for at least 2 days, to litterally losing 5% every 5 minutes even with no apps open and no settings changed. Its about 18 months old? Thanks

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 27, 2018 11:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2018 7:36 AM

Hey, jmhucks.

I see that you feel the battery life of your iPad 2 has shortened since updating to iOS 11.3.1. I'm happy to help.

About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- Follow the steps in this article to determine which applications are using the most power, settings you can adjust to improve the battery life, and using Low Power Mode to extend your battery life.

iPad Service and Repair -- If you feel that your battery isn't working correctly, you can use this link to set up service and repair.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2018 7:36 AM in response to jmhucks

Hey, jmhucks.

I see that you feel the battery life of your iPad 2 has shortened since updating to iOS 11.3.1. I'm happy to help.

About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- Follow the steps in this article to determine which applications are using the most power, settings you can adjust to improve the battery life, and using Low Power Mode to extend your battery life.

iPad Service and Repair -- If you feel that your battery isn't working correctly, you can use this link to set up service and repair.

Take care!

Ipad suddenly losing charge quickly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.