Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network locked or unlocked

I have an old iPhone 6s that was purchased second hand 12 months ago that I have been using on the Telstra network in Australia. I wan't to give this to my Granddaughter, her family are all with Optus so I purchased a sim starter kit from Optus and set it up to use in the iPhone. Once the sim is inserted into the phone the info in the top left of the screen shows it's connected to the Optus network for about 10 seconds before changing to SOS only. I checked with Telstra and they said that the phone is unlocked to all networks and should work. I then went into Optus as the 7day sim had expired and they suggested I buy a new sim from them that they would set up in the shop. After installing the second sim the problem is still there. To check if the Optus sim was OK I put it into my iPhone and it works perfectly.

I'm not sure where this iPhone 6s was purchased from originally so is there a way of confirming if it is network locked or not.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on May 27, 2018 9:11 PM

6 replies

Network locked or unlocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.