Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

(Solved) Sycnchronize Activities with MyFitnessPal

Hello,

I've been searching for a solution for Activities not synchronizing with MyFitnessPal to no avail. I’ve finally figured it on my own and I thought it might be helpful to post it to those who are facing the same issue. Since all the topic discussing this issue are locked, I’m starting a new one.

1. Go to Settings / MyFitnessPal and make sure none of the permissions settings are preventing the App to work properly.

User uploaded file

2. Open MyFitnessPal and tap the “More” tab at the bottom, then tap “Steps”.

User uploaded file

3. If the blue check mark is on “iPhone”, go to step 4. If the blue check mark is beside “Apple Watch”, tap “iPhone”.

User uploaded file

4. Tap “Apple Watch” then tap “Don’t Read Step From Apple Watch”.

User uploaded file

After clicking on “Don’t Read Steps from Apple Watch”, ”iPhone“ will be selected automatically.

5. Now it is time to tap “Apple Watch” again! However, this time, you’re going to tap on “Update Health App Permissions”.

User uploaded file

After taping “Update Health App Permissions”, you’ll get the following screen asking you to open the Health App.

User uploaded file

6. Go ahead and open the Health App and tap the sources tab at the bottom. Tap MyFitnessPal as shown in the following screenshot:

User uploaded file

7. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and make sure to turn on each of “Steps”, “Walking + Distance”, and “Workouts”.

User uploaded file

7. Switch back to “MyFitnessPal” App and tap “X” to close the “Health App Setting”. The Apple Watch should be selected with a blue check mark beside it as shown in this screenshot.

User uploaded file

8. Tap the back arrow to go back to the previews screen then scroll to the bottom and tap “Sync” as shown in the following screen:

User uploaded file

You Apple Watch Activity should synchronize with MyFitnessPal now!

Apple Watch, iOS 11.3.1, null

Posted on May 27, 2018 10:43 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

(Solved) Sycnchronize Activities with MyFitnessPal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.