Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting a popup asking to enter my Facebook password into system preference

I keep getting a popup window asking to enter my Facebook password into system preference, no matter how many times i entered the password, reboot my Mac w/ chrome Version 66.0.3359.181, it just keeps coming back!

did a search online and someone has a similar problem a few yrs ago and there was a solution

keep getting a popup asking to enter my Facebook password into system preferences https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7006408

except that FB must've changed their layout and i couldn't find the "the central list has "Logon Approvals." to continue with the solution. HELP plz!

MacBook Pro, iOS 10.3.3, IOS 10.10.5

Posted on May 27, 2018 11:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2018 7:59 PM

AHHHHH! sooooo annoying! the FB pop-up just showed up as i'm typing this. usually, it goes away after x4 clicks on CANCEL. but one time it lasted x12 clicks. PLEASE lmk when a solution comes up, mucho gracias!

8 replies

I keep getting a popup asking to enter my Facebook password into system preference

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.