Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air battery draining while in sleep mode

Hi all,
We have 2 Macbook air (2013) and lately they loose approximately 20% of battery power over night while in standby mode with the lid closed. This started a little while ago. Cannot recall after which security update but still....
Running the latest OS with the latest patches installed.
Anyone else having the same issues?

Posted on May 28, 2018 12:50 AM

7 replies

May 28, 2018 8:45 AM in response to Garry_US_Swede

Current Apple battery manufacturer/supplier is SMP. If your battery isn't SMP, it's uncertified(?) piece probably without any/or very cheap battery control (heating, charging etc) and it's possibly cause of your problems. It's only my opinion.

+Battery Serial Number on battery MUST MATCH with the one you see in system Infos about battery.

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

OS X Mavericks: Calibrate the battery in a portable Mac

May 28, 2018 8:27 AM in response to pjir96

Here's some info, changed the battery a year ago after upgrading to High Sierra as the old battery died. On my vices MacBook Air we have the same issue but with the original battery. (Her Mac is not available right now so I cannot check that one):

Model Information:

Serial Number: W01107AW7D3BA

Manufacturer: Newer Tech

Device Name: A1405

Pack Lot Code: 3230

PCB Lot Code: 30db

Firmware Version: ddae

Hardware Revision: dac2

Cell Revision: 2b39

Charge Information:

Charge Remaining (mAh): 5420

Fully Charged: No

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 7276

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 7

Condition: Normal

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): -746

Voltage (mV):7999

Model Information:

May 28, 2018 8:55 AM in response to pjir96

Hi,

My battery from approved supplier. (Replacement battery.)

Still, same issue with my other macbook with original battery and a friends macbook, also with original which is why I posted here. Since my wife is out of town and took hers with her I cannot check the statistics on hers. Same issue regardless of battery manufacturers.

I still suspect something in one of the latest OS uppgrades.

Ps. It wasn’t a cheap battery. Ds.

Macbook air battery draining while in sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.