Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to update apps using my email not last iPad owners ?

Trying to update apps but I keep having my friends email pop up as the iTunes Store email account for verification to update them. (She gave me ipad she used to use) thing is the one she gave me doesn’t work she doesn’t know why but I’ve already changed the Apple account on my ipad to my email so why can’t or won’t it ask me for mine? if I’m going to purchase or download a app I get my email password request but then when I get a notice to update an app hers pops up? How do I fix this I’ve tried finding it in every setting but it all has my info! ? So why is her email popping up for app updates? Note: new to Apple and iPads so sorry it’s midnight idk what model this is ? It’s an iPad.. ? Thanks ahead anyone that can help!

iPad 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on May 28, 2018 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2018 9:02 AM

Two things to remember.

1. Anything your friend has downloaded using her ID etc is on her account and cannot be transferred to you. Moreover, it / they can only be updated using the original ID that was used for the original download.

2. In any event, title to these apps cannot be passed on. If you want them you will need to buy them for yourself on your account.

Get your friend to remove her account and start afresh.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2018 9:02 AM in response to Murphy1210

Two things to remember.

1. Anything your friend has downloaded using her ID etc is on her account and cannot be transferred to you. Moreover, it / they can only be updated using the original ID that was used for the original download.

2. In any event, title to these apps cannot be passed on. If you want them you will need to buy them for yourself on your account.

Get your friend to remove her account and start afresh.

Need to update apps using my email not last iPad owners ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.