Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my phone discharging. This iPhone is supposed to be a new replacement for another defective one.

Got a replacement 6s and it not charging. It just discharges when I try to charge it. What’s going on ?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 28, 2018 3:37 AM

4 replies

May 28, 2018 3:50 AM in response to najjaa152

1. Try to use a different charger - cable - outlet ... and/or USB port on your computer.

2. Check the charging port of your iPhone (dirt, debris, lint inside?). Gently clean it with a toothpick and a lot of patience.

3. Even if it is a replacement unit, check the battery status: Settings>Battery>Battery life (Beta) and tap on it. If the maximum capacity percentage is less than 85%, your battery is reaching its life's critical point.

In this case, go back to the shop that replaced your device.

Regards

Giulio

May 28, 2018 6:26 AM in response to najjaa152

Hi najjaa.

IPhones refurbished by Apple are really similar to new devices (esthetically and functionally).

If you bought that unit from an Apple Store or an Authorized reseller, they will help you.

If that iPhone has not been refurbished by Apple, the only thing you can do is to go back to the place you got it, and, if they can't (don't want to) help you, ask for a refund.

Should be this case, I'm sorry about that, but there's nothing we can do.

Regards

Giulio

Why is my phone discharging. This iPhone is supposed to be a new replacement for another defective one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.