Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Service in other country

Good day.

My late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina was bought in Canada and i'm living in Ukraine. It's already out of warranty, but i want to get a new battery. Since Ukraine is not an authorised Apple country - can i go, for example, to Poland and pay for this service there? How can i manage my problem?

Thanx in advance

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on May 28, 2018 3:41 AM

5 replies

May 28, 2018 12:04 PM in response to Sklo23

Sklo23 wrote:

Please, would anyone answer?

As far as I know it shouldn't be a problem. There was a discussion here a few months ago of someone with a US-purchased MacBook Pro who got an Apple battery replacement an Apple Store in China.

Also - where did you hear that Ukraine has no Apple service? I entered Kiev and see 7 locations that service Macs.

Apple - Find Locations

May 28, 2018 12:31 PM in response to SimplyPONtus

SimplyPONtus wrote:

It's also good to research the place before you visit them, a lot of shop claim to be authorized when they are not.

Even with real AASPs there are a lot of little things that could happen. It's more or less spelled out in the warranty terms that parts availability may be limited depending on the country.

Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty

Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to country. You may be responsible for shipping and handling charges if the Apple Product cannot be serviced in the country it is in. If you seek service in a country that is not the country of purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges. For international service, Apple may repair or replace Apple Products and parts with comparable Apple Products and parts that comply with local standards.

I didn't think of this earlier, but the battery service may be a little bit different though in the Retina MacBook Pros. People posting here state that their entire top case was replaced, as the replacement part is a combination of the battery and top case. I'm not sure if the keyboards are the same in Ukraine or if they might need to order them from somewhere else. Also - some people (outside of areas where Apple has a direct-service battery replacement price) complained that they were charged for an entire top case replacement service - the same as if there was a malfunctioning keyboard.

May 28, 2018 12:14 PM in response to Sklo23

As mentioned by a previous user, Ukraine is a country that has several authorized service providers (AASP's) that would be able to help you with this. Being an Authorized Service Provider comes with obligations and standards set by Apple. Serving your Mac in another country should be no problem, as long as they are Authorized.

It's also good to research the place before you visit them, a lot of shop claim to be authorized when they are not.

Best of luck!

Service in other country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.