Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

HI

My Apple ID for my iCloud and App Store is different. The problem is, I am trying to log out of my iCloud account to set up a new one that matches my App store account and phone, however the email account and password for the iCloud account does not exist anymore, now with the new phone I bought (iPhone 8 plus), all the old info transfered to my new phone with the old iCloud account. How can I get rid of the old iCloud account without having to log in with that email and password?

Thanks William (Maun Botswana)

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 28, 2018 4:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2018 6:28 AM

When you try to sign out of the iCloud ID, you are getting an error message(s) that the ID doesn't exist? Which ID did you use to log into the new phone?

If necessary, there is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If the initial contact can’t help you, ask them to have someone who can help contact you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2018 6:28 AM in response to WilliamfromMaun

When you try to sign out of the iCloud ID, you are getting an error message(s) that the ID doesn't exist? Which ID did you use to log into the new phone?

If necessary, there is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If the initial contact can’t help you, ask them to have someone who can help contact you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

May 28, 2018 7:01 AM in response to WilliamfromMaun

You are welcome. Some information about changing the ID that may help.

There may be some data loss, but you can minimize it. If syncing photos with iCloud, ensure Optimization is turned off in Settings/Your Name/iCloud/Photos and/or in Photos/Preferences/iCloud. Then make sure full resolution photos are on the device/computer. When signing out of iCloud, if asked whether you want to retain data, choose yes. Messages conversations will be lost if they are addressed to the ID. See the article below for other places that the old ID should be removed. Also see Winston Churchill's response in the below discussion

How to transfer all files from one iCloud account to another

Apple ID email address or password - What to do after you change

May 28, 2018 6:39 AM in response to Eric Root

HI Eric

Thanks for the advice, I filled in the form you were kind enough to send and will wait on an answer. You see the thing is, I created my very first Apple ID years ago by using my work email. Then when the company changed email service providers the email became not active anymore. I never changed it. I then left the company and upgraded my iPhone at the same time. When I transferred the data to the new phone, I created a new apple ID however the old ID transferred with and now I am sitting with an ID for App store/Itunes which I want to use for my iCloud, and one for Icloud on the old apple ID. Now I can't sign out of the iCloud one because the email address and password combo is incorrect, which means I can't change the password cause the email address no longer exists. That's my dilemma. If I can get the current Icloud account on the old email address deleted, I can use the new email to sign into Icloud.

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.